Monday, December 10, 2012

Banana Muffins (coconut flour)

I love banana bread. Unfortunately, my regular recipe is currently off limits. Driven by a strong craving, I modified Comfy Belly's pumpkin muffin recipe to recreate the flavor I longed for. Success! I will be making these often.



Paleo friendly banana muffins
(no grain, gluten, dairy, legumes, or refined sweeteners)

2 ripe medium bananas
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 c honey Update: I have reduced the honey to under 1/2c and it is still delicious!
6 Tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped pecans


1. Preheat oven to 350*F

2. Mix moist ingredients in a large bowl.

3. Add dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly until the batter is perfectly smooth.

4. Add most of the chopped pecans to the batter, reserving approximately 2 Tbsp to top muffins.

5. Divide muffin batter evenly between 8-10 muffin liners. I prefer to use foil liners, as the batter is very moist and will soak into regular paper liners. Top the batter with the reserved pecans and, if you are feeling naughty, a light sprinkle of evaporated cane sugar.

6. Bake approximately 30 minutes. Test by poking with a wood toothpick - the batter should not cling to the toothpick.

7. Cool & enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I finally made these today to rave reviews. Both my husband and 7-year-old said they were "the best muffins you've ever made!" Thanks, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - I recently made these, cutting the honey by nearly half. They were still delicious and sweet without tasting like a dessert. Success!

      Delete