Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Salmon patties


All of my girls love these - I have to make a double batch in hopes of having any left over! In fact, this is one of the only forms of fish my oldest daughter likes.


No prep pictures - working with canned salmon isn't the most appealing thing, but it is an affordable and healthy seafood option!  I always make sure to purchase Alaskan salmon.  

Salmon Patties
1 (15-16oz) can wild Alaskan Salmon
2 eggs
1 Tbsp minced dried onion (you could use fresh diced onion but the dried onion helps absorb moisture)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
dash of cayenne
dash of lemon juice
coconut oil (for frying)
  1. Flake fish.  Add eggs and seasonings, mixing well to fully incorporate.  
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium.  When the pan is hot, add 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
  3. Shape the salmon into smallish patties.  I make them approximately 2.5" in diameter and 1/2" thick.
  4. Fry in the coconut oil until golden on each side. Be patient, it takes a little bit.  Keep the finished patties warm in a low oven while you finish.  They hold well in the oven.
  5. If you are fortunate to have leftovers, you can reheat them in a medium low skillet.
I hope you like these as much as we do :)  My girls dip in ketchup while I prefer homemade mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment