Sunday, March 3, 2013

Whole 30 day 3

I rarely eat breakfast on Sundays. Today wasn't any different. I overslept again. Prepped my older girls' breakfasts. Fed baby girl, who over ate and promptly threw everything up all over both of us. Got us cleaned up, showered, dressed, fed her again, and then out the door. I drank water on the way to church and was very hungry when we got home at 12:30. So I made a small snack for everyone else and then made what should have been my breakfast. Someday. Someday I'll be more disciplined and organized.

Lunch
4 fried eggs and 3 handfuls of fresh spinach, lightly sautéed in coconut oil and generously salted.


Midday
I greatly enjoyed my decaf coffee with coconut cream. Felt like a treat compared to my normal bulletproof coffee. I drank it while prepping our dinner.


Sunday dinner (4:30)
Tacos! Well, my paleo version of tacos. Lettuce wraps instead of tortillas. Guacamole but no sour cream or cheese. No tomato products because baby girl can't handle any acidity in my diet. We only had one pound of ground beef left, so I decided to creatively extend it. I had a quart of shredded zucchini in the freezer, so I thawed that and sautéed it with diced onion. When most of the excess liquid had evaporated, I added in the raw beef. Cooked until no longer pink, then added spices and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmered while I finished prepping the veggies. The zucchini thickened the meat mixture and only added a subtle extra flavor. Everyone devoured it and there was less than a cup left over! Good thing I added the zucchini.

Evening
I still felt full from dinner so I didn't eat a snack. Looking back I should have. This was a very light day - not enough fat or protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment